Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just come back from a loooooong break =]

Hey everyone! I'M BACK as I promised with my Mom and Stephanie ! See, it's not really a big word, i can do it lol!
What I want to say at first is I'm sorry for not updating my blog for a long time and then you guys have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I had a great Christmas and New Year's Eve with my family! Let me tell something about my holiday. I scored a buncha presents and I loved them all because they're all meaningful to me! I loved everything from my "damn" hat [as my Mom often says >:P] to my 80gb Zune [ let me show up a little bit everyone ;)]. Thanks everyone in my family for giving the best Xmas and the first Xmas which I was far away from my home!
The other thing that I scored was that I recognized I had another family that I could stick with them forever! I couldn't believe how lucky I am to have another family which is full of fun, joy, laughter and... swearing lol jk. Having a nice family is kinda hard for somebody let alone that I have two of them! That must be so awesome!
Thanks Dad and Mom for warming me up in this winter! I really feel warm and home right now! I hadn't expected that Christmas would be happy and full of fun to me because I had missed all the stuffs that I used to do with my family and friends at Christmas in Vietnam. Whenever I listened to Christmas songs, I missed my Mom a lot because we used to listen to those songs together when Christmas was coming in Vietnam. I know that's not really cool when you don't really celebrate Xmas as traditional or big holiday but listen to Christmas songs! In spite of that fact, having somebody sharing these melodies is actually sweet and that was my Mom. I grew up and listened to them in 16 Christmas seasons! And now, not having that person to listen to it together was a big missing! When we went to the concert of The Coats, all the memories were revealed by those songs with their wonderful voices and that was the moment I wished if my Mom had been here, Christmas woulda been warmer!
But the fact was totally different! I had my little sister who jumped in to my bed on Christmas Day, I had my Dad and Mom who spent the whole warm Christmas's Eve together at Grandma Clara's and the church! I had everyone who remembered to give me present! And that meant a lot a lot to me!

Let's talk about New Year's Eve! We had a little party in our family together with grandpa Mike's family and his wife Karla's family! That was so nice! I invited 2 friends who named Wii [sounds like Nintendo Wii huh? lol] and Tin to come over and had dinner with us. The other guy named Nhan was little bit late when the party was over and all the girls came home lol. 3 of them were spending the night in my small and messy room though I had tried to clean it up before! My mom was so nice to lend us a laptop so we had 3 laptops to watch movies, play some games and listen to music! At 12am, we came to the living room to count down for New Year with a lot of poppers! That was soo fun! Dad took some pictures and I bet that I will upload them some day! Then we played pokers together til 2am and went to my room chilling out after my parents had headed into their bed! I think nobody knew that I wore my RED Tee shirt on New Year's Eve. That was because RED is for Good luck according to the Asian tradition. It's kinda superstitious lol.

Anyways, everyone has their own resolutions, I'm not an exception. I have some resolutions that I want to share with everybody

1. Getting admitted by one of these community colleges that I applied to : Whatcom, GreenRiver, Seattle Central community college! Whatcom is my top!
2. Coming back to USA for next school year!
3. Staying with my American family next year!
4. Trying to be more hard - working! I'm totally lazy right now and I feel that laziness is invading me more and more...
5. Trying to help my Vietnamese father come to visit me this summer
6. Speaking English very very very very very fluently
7. Learning how to drive :D
8. Doing more sport, making my body better
9. Trying to be stronger and more mature for not missing everybody in Vietnam! I still cannot do it right now!
10. Getting more good friends in USA
11. Gaining more weights lol. I did a little bet with my best friend in Czech Republic that If I gain to 130 pounds until this summer, I'll not come back to VN. lol. so be ready for my plannn,Mom and Dad lol

Ok, That's enough for tonight! I'll go to bed! I just get over my bad bug and cold these days after Christmas! I'll go back for swim practice tomorrow! Grandpa's gonna take me there in stead of Alex's parents! I don't like the fact that I have to depend on him every single day because he thinks that he can do whatever he wants even keeps teasing me when I rely on him. and I think I feel better when having grandpa take me there but It's kinda tight for me because I don't want to bother him everyday! Thanks Grandpa! I didnt have the feeling of having a grandpa until I met you because my grandpa who was my Mom's father passed away in last March and my other grandpa who is my Dad's father got stroke a month after that which made him lose ability of speaking and moving.
This week is the last week of holiday. David asked me if I was ready for going back to school and i said no. I'm too lazy right now! One of my blood element is laziness! Let's try to think bout school now!!!!
Everyone! Have a good day!
Thanks for reading my long entry!
Love u alll!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice update.....finally. lol Just remember your American family is the lucky one to have you as part of our family.

Love Mom.

Steph :o) said...

Hi, Ken! I'm glad you finally updated your blog. I knew your mom and dad didn't kill you off because I saw you for a quick hug yesterday. ;o) Don't forget to check in on our blog every once in a while, too, OK?
We love you!
~SZ
p.s. We hope you come back next year too!!

Anonymous said...

Bean, you've got many resolutions! It's great that you had a wonderful time and presents on your first Christmas and New Year in the States. I want you to know that it is common that you miss your family in Vietnam at times especially during the holidays. I don't see that as a weakness or immature. And I'm glad that you are able to express your feelings but not to hide them. It is healthy, all right?

Anyway, I know that you're looking forward to your visit with me in SF and so am I. We will have unforgetable time together in the city! And I will let you eat Vietnamese foods.

Can't wait to see you again.

Your aunt Melanie